Rear Window Ethics Rear Window Ethics: Well then...

Monday, July 12, 2004

Well then...

So I decided to give this a shot and air my dirty laundry in public for a while. I'm not exactly sure what kind of ideas, brilliant or embarrassing, I'll write here, but my hope is that they will be as unadulterated as possible. Or perhaps I'll just focus on adulterating the shit out of them. Only time will tell.

It's official: I'm moving the hell out of Somerville, Massachusetts into the dreadfully stylish North End of Boston. That's a lot of capital letters for one sentence, at least for my tastes. I'm fairly sure that reading Eats Shoots and Leaves has ruined my life. So I'm abandoning my neighborhood of young hoodlums hanging outside CVS storefronts for a neighborhood of shirtless, seventy year old Italian men hanging outside expensive open-air caf├ęs.

My amusement at the fact that Mase's new single is a cover of the theme to Welcome Back Kotter--to welcome himself back to the music business, no less--doesn't seem to be nearing an end any time soon. Oh, and who knew that Olivia from The Cosby Show is now a recording artist? Not me, that's for sure.