Rear Window Ethics Rear Window Ethics: GW Bridge

Friday, August 20, 2004

GW Bridge

Yes! Nerdiness to new heights! I am officially writing this while stuck in traffic on the GW bridge, as Jocelyn and I make our way down to Maryland to visit her friends from school. Yes, I'm using my cell phone as a conduit to connect to the internet with my computer.

This traffic is horrible, and Joc is getting restless. Many of the cars around us are clearly heading off to college, stuffed with bags and dorm room essentials, tattooed with various college stickers.

This traffic is horrible! We've been stuck in it for the last 40 minutes and we're not even on the bridge yet. Damnit.

Jocelyn and I are talking about how annoying this whole thing is. Granted, New York is a cultural, artistic and commercial center for America, but it's just too much of a pain to pass through to get anywhere. New York is great, but sometimes it just pisses me off. Plus I hate the Yankees.

I went to the new Ikea in New Haven yesterday. It's such a spectacle. It's enormous, and the place has been open for the last month and still the parking lot is completely full at all times. Their stuff is cheap, though.

Alright, time to go. I have to be a more supportive shotgun to my driver.