Rear Window Ethics Rear Window Ethics: I've been duped!

Saturday, August 14, 2004

I've been duped!

For our last performance at camp I made a slideshow of pictures of all the kids set to music that we play on the big screen. A number of parents came up to me and asked me to email them some of the pictures, and I did so yesterday before I left.

What I didn't know was that in that list of emails were the emails of three of my students, and since I sent them the pictures yesterday I've already received four responses back. I'm afraid what this might lead to. So far their responses haven't been more than:

HEY TRAVIS!!!!! :) :) :) :)

I'm pretty sure this is one of the unwritten commandments of teaching--never let students get your email. There was a guy who worked with me last summer who made the mistake of giving out his IM name, and after that he was never the same.