Rear Window Ethics Rear Window Ethics: Soooo

Friday, September 03, 2004

Soooo

I've been so busy of late, what with moving and all, that I really haven't had the time to sit down and get things off my chest. I appologize if what comes out now is disorganized, but it's spilling out like a dam breaking in my brain, so I'm just trying to keep up with it.

The Red Sox are on a tear! They were 21-7 in August, and are only 3.5 games back from New York. There's no way that anyone in this town would have thought it possible even two weeks ago. It's all very exciting. Up to the point, of course, where they spectacularly blow it and send my sister into another fit of bawling in my living room.

I was in New Haven to drop off the van I used to move our apartment, and the city is really looking very nice. The downtown area is thriving with commercial enterprises, both corporate and owner-operated. The whole area has a very positive feel to it, so different from ten years ago when the place was in the shitter.

Nish and I are finally living like pseudo-adults! Our apartment is so cozy. Even though it's still a mess from the move, it looks much more like a home than a frat house, which is always a step in the right direction.

With the RNC and their quite conservative platform created under the veil of a moderate speaker lineup, I've been thinking a lot about the extreme Christian Right. I don't understand how Bush can call himself compassionate when he is so strongly influenced by a group that seems to hate a lot more than it loves. In a religion based on love and forgiveness, it never ceases to surprise me the way people use God as a means for their anger toward others. Burning books, talking about how gay people are weak-willed sinners that are sending our society to hell, and the general practice of overt judging just remind me of a slogan I like to tout: If Hitler did it, it's probably not the best idea.

I miss our dog, Maggie, who now lives up in New Hampshire with BJ, but I don't miss her hair. I instinctively brush off my feet before climbing into bed at night, and since we moved into our clean, carpeted, and quite stylish apartment, I am brushing off nothing.

Jackhammers next to my bedroom window piss me off.

Finally, I'd like to give a shout out to Babs, who actually reads this stuff, and on occasion, even comments. It's good to know someone is out there.

Labels: ,