Rear Window Ethics Rear Window Ethics: ALCS 7

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

ALCS 7

Well, here we are. Everyone thought we'd be here. Then no one thought we'd be here. Then people had a crazy inkling that we might be here. And now we are here.

After last night's ridiculousness, I just don't know if I can handle watching this game. When A Rod slapped the ball out of Bronson's glove I got that shiver down my spine and tenseness in my body that reminded me that the Yankees ALWAYS win this game. The Yankees are the most clutch team in baseball history, and they win this game.

Tonight in my head I'm going to have to fend off images of the Yankees winning in terrible and dramatic fashion. But I'm also going to have to fend off images of the Sox pulling it out. As much as I want to believe, I just can't let myself out there anymore. It hurts too much. Until the 27th out is recorded tonight, the Yankees are going to win this game. That's what I tell myself.

God I hope. I just hope we can do this. Please.

Labels: