Rear Window Ethics Rear Window Ethics: Today is Jocelyn's Birthday

Friday, October 29, 2004

Today is Jocelyn's Birthday

So I'm not really writing anything new here. It's been a good day so far, and we have dinner reservations at a place around the corner, so it should continue to be a good evening.

This morning we were eating cereal and watching the news, and she turned to me and said, "Umm... can I have my presents now?"

I told her that in my family, we give birthday presents at night during or after dinner. Yeah, she wasn't playing that game. She basically said, "Nope, I'd like them now, please."

It was cute. This wasn't a Veruca Salt-type request, though it sounds a little like it when I write it. She just wanted her presents.

As for now, it's off to the Common to see foliage. Fole-ee-edj. My mom, calls it Foll-ej. Wrong, mom. Wrong.