Rear Window Ethics Rear Window Ethics: Cold Weather

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Cold Weather

It's cold! Very, very cold. It's 25°F outside right now, and I really couldn't be happier.

It seems that every time a new season sits on the horizon I can't wait for it to get here. During the summer I get tired of sweating all the time, feeling sluggish and forever thirsty. The colder it gets, the more energetic and excited I get. Today I wore three layers without sweating at all! That is a serious accomplishment, as anyone who knows me would agree.

Of course come March I will be really excited to feel those first warm days, wearing shorts in 55°F weather and packing away any clothing that covers my forearms and calves. It's why I could never live in an area that doesn't have distinct seasonal temperature shifts.

If I remember correctly, it is seasonal acclimatization that makes us feel nice and cool at 50° in October, and pleasantly warm at 50° in March. Thanks, Intro to Physical Anthropology from Sophomore year.

That being said, 25°F is pretty much cold any time. I love it.