Rear Window Ethics Rear Window Ethics: Laziness, and Getting Out of the Wedding Biz

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Laziness, and Getting Out of the Wedding Biz

I was so lazy today that while in the midst of writing a double-sided note I noticed that my Sharpie pen was seeping ink through the paper--leaving the both sides of the page virtually illegible--yet I decided to keep on writing in the same manner without a second draft. They'll just have to figure it out, I guess.

I've realized that the time has come for me to take a break from doing wedding videos. The epiphany came when I narrowly resisted the temptation to use AC/DC's "Hell's Bells" as a soundtrack to the bridal procession. Sort of a Trevor Hoffman out of the bullpen kind of thing. I eventually decided against it, but the temptation was there and it was real. Who knows when the next allurement will arise, and whether I'll be able to thwart it or not? There is a definite chance that one day someone will be watching their wedding video for the first time, and the song for the Daddy/Daughter dance will have been switched from a nice Van Morrison to Britney Spears' "Slave 4 U".