Rear Window Ethics Rear Window Ethics: Syria Nuke Comment a Joke

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Syria Nuke Comment a Joke

Congressman Sam Johnson (R-Texas) stated that his comments made at a church pancake breakfast on Feb. 19th about wanting to drop a nuclear bomb on Syria were a joke. Johnson originally said:

"Syria is the problem. Syria is where those weapons of mass destruction are, in my view. You know, I can fly an F-15, put two nukes on 'em and I'll make one pass. We won't have to worry about Syria anymore."

But it was just a joke! Whew.

That makes it so much better. I mean, I know that at my church we always talk about dropping nukes on people -- even on entire nations -- but it's always in jest. The public needs to understand that. In actuality, it's a little-known tradition at many church pancake breakfasts to make lighthearted wisecracks about the slaughtering of millions of people. The flippancy of apocalyptic nuclear hellfire jokes, all washed down with delicious blueberry pancakes and maple syrup, well, that's my kind of fellowship.

Rear Window Ethics
I like my pancakes nice and hot...

AP: Congressman Says Syria Nuke Comment a Joke

Labels: