Rear Window Ethics Rear Window Ethics: Boat Rides

Monday, April 18, 2005

Boat Rides

While shooting 8 hours a day for a week in New Haven I didn't post at all last week. Now I'm in Chicago visiting family, so I'll leave you with one simple thought:

What is it that impels people to wave while on a boat? It happens even on the dinkiest of boats. I mean, we're on a little sight-seeing fairy floating down the Chicago River, and EVERY bridge we pass under fills them with the need to wave to the people on land as if they've just spent the last three months crossing the Atlantic toward Plymouth Rock and the sight of terrestrial natives is miraculous.

I was just happy to see the city's architecture, ride down the river, and not get a shower of Dave Mathews Band sewage in the process. Forget waving.