Rear Window Ethics Rear Window Ethics: Europe Pics

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Europe Pics

I got back from my trip a few days ago and have spent the time sleeping and moving Joc into her new apartment (which she will immediately leave for the summer, ironically). So the trip was wonderful, and everyone we met was generally great.

The one thing I really really wanted to write about was our visit to Dachau concentration camp, which was very powerful, very unsettling, and very strange as a "tourist" site. I'll elaborate on that later this week.

Anyhow, here are some of the pictures I took once we left Paris.

Pict00057Xs
Clay and myself availing ourselves of the biggest beer haus in Munich.

Pict00064Yv
A view from the fortress on the cliffs over Salzburg, Austria. The most beautiful city we visited, in my mind.
Pict00136Tt
The canal in Strausberg, France, once you get out of the really touristy part near the Cathedral.
Pict002214Sl
Salzburg at night from our hotel window looking over the canal.
Pict00232Wo
A view from a little cafe in Austria at the top of a low-lying ridge in the Alps.

Labels: