Rear Window Ethics Rear Window Ethics: Paris

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Paris

We're leaving Paris today to travel to Munich. It's been lovely, and we're going to swing back here after the German leg of the trip.

Biggest things I've noticed while being here:

1) Americans can either be very polite and congenial to Parisians, or they can be bastards. I've seen multiple instances of Americans frantically raising their voices to scream "you don't speak English either? What's wrong with you people?" or some variation thereof. At the same time, with my limited middle school French knowledge, the Parisians really appreciate my attempt to speak their language.

2) Open container laws are for pussies. Being able to buy a bottle of wine and sit in a park to drink it leisurely is completely underrated. And for the homeless here, it allows them to drink without the aid of a crumpled paper bag like back home. It's a win-win situation for everyone.

(Then again, Bostonians with no open container laws might be dangerous...)

Some pictures I've taken while I've been here:

Pict00044Js
The clock facing the river at the Museé d'Orsay

Pict00844Nt
Just some terraces facing the Seine

Pict00160Lf
I forget who this is and who sculpted it, but it was at the Louvre (which is insane and too large and too full of people, never go there).

Pict00468Bu
These are the kind of idiots I'm hanging out with all day long. It's great.

We're off to Strausbourg and Munich now. Apparently "weir trinken Bier" is just what it sounds like, and we'll be doing much of it.

Labels: