Rear Window Ethics Rear Window Ethics: Maroon Death

Monday, July 24, 2006

Maroon Death

So Joc and I are in a parking lot, driving across one of those central parking lot lanes as the nearest car traveling in it is about 200 yds away. Suddenly we realize he is going at least 45 mph in the parking lot, and by the time we're in the middle of the lane he's coming up on us pretty quickly. I get a little flustered and my finger falls away from the scan button on the radio, leaving Maroon 5's "She Will Be Loved" on in a moment of panic.

And as the tank-sized SUV barrels down upon us, driver with a cell phone to his ear, the thought that flashed through my mind was only "I can't die with Maroon 5 on... I can't..."

Luckily we didn't, because Joc hit the gas hard and got us out of the way. I then changed the radio station as fast as I could, just in case it was like a Final Destination moment and something like a huge Maroon 5 Billboard might have come crashing through the windshield cutting my torso in half while the song was still playing.

In other news, after 2 fucking hours at the RMV I am now a licensed Masshole, as is Jocelyn. Pissah.

Labels: